Sunday, September 1, 2013

9/1/13


Never did I think I'd still be here in September!  
Good news, I had vascular put in a new IV yesterday that pushes and pulls like a dream - no tourniquet required!  That made me rest a little easier last night knowing there wouldn't be a stick this morning!  Having all that fluid off, I satted in the low to mid 90's w/out any supplemental O2.  Mom suggested to dad that we pray for a clearer chest film today and I'll be danged, it was MUCH clearer! That lady is not only pretty, but witty!  I believe that I drained about 60mL's off during the night shift and today has been even less...so far!  Lets just keep our fingers crossed that it's because there's not much fluid left to drain and my body's adapting to my new physiology!  At this point, all we can do is be patient...and pray.
We are adding another lasix today that I could possibly go home on, if it works.  They're wanting to keep my blood a little dry in general, that way if there is any fluid that starts to accumulate around the lungs again, hopefully, my blood will carry it off!  We'll see how I tolerate it by checking my lab #'s and monitoring the tube output as well as my daily chest film.  I just hope I don't glow after all this radiation!  
I would hope that by the middle of this week, we are going to have an idea of when we might return home.  If not, then mom's gonna have to wash us up some more drawers - any bets on how many times Gemmie will lock them outta the room next go around?  Lets hope to heck we don't have to fight that round!  I figure that if the drainage remains slowed, X-rays look clear, and my meds are adjusted correctly, the tube will get yanked and we could get our walking papers shortly thereafter.  On the other hand, if the drainage continues but everything else is good, then I'll undergo another procedure to change out this tube for one I can go home with, then we'll go home.  Absolute worst case scenario, this stupid tube stops draining, X-rays cloud, then we either gotta nurse this tube along, again, or change it out so we can leave!  I'll run this by mom as momma hit the nail on the head last night, but I think we should pray for continued, diminished tube output, continued clear X-rays, continued high O2 sats, stable lab values, and increasing energy as I need to play off a little steam with Gemma!  I know she misses me oh so much, and I would like nothing more than to go to the park with her!  Well, I take that back, we all want nothing more than to spend the night together as a family...at home preferably!  This is the only time I've ever stayed away from my mommy or Bot and it's starting to weigh on us all...ALOT!
I'll be back tomorrow, but you all had better have had a ginormous Sunday funday!  Football season, dove season, no work tomorrow!  If anyone needs to get a hold of me, I'll be here!  I love and pray for you all as I appreciate everyone "scratching my back" as well!  Until the next time, Go Chiefs, Heart, Bean

1 comment:

  1. We pray for you everyday friend! And lately it's been, "And please bring my friend Kaylee home." Can't wait to see you all soon! Been keeping the weather nice for you here so we can play once you heal!
    Love, Brynn

    ReplyDelete